Bond With Sunsetter RTS Awning & HomeKit

I have a Sunsetter awning with a Somfy RTS motor and a single Somfy remote. I was looking at the Somfy TaHoma bridge to bring this into HomeKit. However, the TaHoma bridge is very pricey and it only will integrate Somfy devices with bidirectional communications. My Somfy RTS awning doesn’t do bidirectional communication. However, there’s a Homebridge plugin to deal with this supposedly.

Someone just recommended I look into Bond bridge to bring my RTS awning into HomeKit. Do I need the Bond Pro for this? Has anyone done this that can offer a how to?

I have 5 Sunsetter awnings on the outside of my E/S facing windows and us the BD-1000. I link that to my Alexa automation system and it has been absolutely flawless operation as the only component that never failed on me.
Use the remote to link it with your Bond app, just standard process as long as you have already the remote linked with the HW.

1 Like

Thanks for the positive review of the Bond bridge. My wrinkle beyond your setup is that I’m using HomeKit. I don’t think the Bond bridge does HomeKit. (The Bond Pro does but only for shades I think.) I use Homebridge for a few things that don’t natively support HomeKit but I’ve not found a good Homebridge Plugin for Bond and RTS awnings.

I use Home Assistant with all my gear, including Bond Bridge. There is a Home Bridge integration in HA that allows all the entities to be seen in HomeKit. Works great!

1 Like