Bond device web UI?

Welcome, David!

I’m going to guess you have one of the early units (serial number starting A or B, codename “snowbird”).

I’m 100% sure the PIN is correct. It’s just a 4 digit number. Pretty hard to get it wrong.

It’s not you. The snowbird units don’t know their own PIN code, so they only way to “authenticate” is to power cycle the unit and then connect within 10 minutes so that no PIN is required, as you discovered. FWIW, this is documented here: Bond Local API

Other than the wifi info, is there any other status I should be seeing?

Nope. The WebGUI doesn’t do much interesting. It currently only supports connecting to Home WiFi. It’s a back up method that we use in support for the situations where certain (usually Android) phones don’t want to stay connected to the Bond Config network during set-up.

That said, we’re hoping to be able to geek out and build in a more sophisticated WebGUI that could allow for device control etc. In fact, that might be an interesting open-source project :thinking:.

Also, in the network status, I see the DNS is 8.8.8.8 … but that’s not the DNS my routers DHCP server hands out. Is the bond device ignoring the DNS provided by DHCP and using google exclusively?

Sadly the snowbird units had issues with DNS/DHCP with many routers for reasons we never could really figure out. That said, if you have latest firmware, you should be able to set a custom DNS server via the API or (maybe) the WebGUI.

We recognized that that situation was not reasonable going forward, so all newer hardware (serials starting with any letter other than A/B) has improved networking where the DHCP-provided DNS by default.

See: