@sburke781 @royf007 @residualimages @marcio : The day has arrived. Backup & Restore feature is available via the Beta Firmware Channel!
- Download latest app (v2.34.0) from the App Stores. (No beta apps anymore)
- Settings > Account > Firmware Channel > BETA
- Upgrade your Bond Bridge or Bond Bridge Pro to >= v2.20 firmware
- Bridge Settings > Advanced > Backup & Restore > Backup
- You now can delete any number of devices, change names, commands, etc.
- Backup & Restore > Restore
- Devices are restored to their old state, in the additive way discussed above.
You can even backup from one Bridge and restore to a second Bridge. Super useful for upgrading from BD-1000 to BD-1750-PRO.
NOTE: Sadly the Snowbird Bridges (serials starting with
B) run into problems every time they firmware update, which prevents releasing the v2.20 firmware for them. So, this will only work for Bridges with serial numbers starting with
Backups are stored on your smart phone. They are not sent to the cloud. So, you will want to backup the backups by using iCloud or Google backup for your phone’s apps. For security reasons, you must be on the same local network as the Bridge to initiate a backup or restore.
For developers out there, you can use the API (documentation for this endpoint is deploying atm) to send your backups to a RaspberryPi or other local HTTP server. Please do not send these backups over the open internet without a VPN, as the connection is unencrypted.