API responses for Pro/SBB IDs

1. I believe all SBB fans are expected to start with K, but I do not know if that is guaranteed. Also, as #3 is answered below, there are other types of SBB devices.
  2. I believe this is the last official answer we saw from the Bond team - also, from what I recall the last time I was able to use one of my SBB devices was that the device ID node was always “1”. I’m not 100% certain of that, though I am fairly certain. The caveat to it, even if it is true, is that I don’t know if that is guaranteed. Finally, only Bridges have the v2/bridge mode, I believe?
  3. From what I’ve read, there are a number of Smart by Bond device types either on, or coming to, market from various partner companies. There is the outdoor / landscape lighting controller, and there is mention in the API docs about “in-wall switches and dimmers and other SBB products”.
  4. As I recall, there is always a Bond root ID (Bridge or SBB) and also Device ID for any configured devices on the root; in the case of SBB there should always be at least one device. Again, I think historically I had seen it as a device ID of “1”. You cannot just call BondRoot/Commands or Actions or anything directly - it’s always BondRoot/v2/devices/deviceID/commands etc.

@marcio - if you are able to drop by and correct anything I said incorrectly, or add additional details, I will of course defer to you (or other Bond team members).

1 Like