V3.3.1-beta for All Bridges

Any chance you can add discovery of this remote to the device so it’s native?

I have the Bond Bridge (Serial starts with Z). App is V2.40.0 Alpha6 and firmware v3.3.3-beta. So far all is ok except for generic devices. When I use them I get an error message in the app “An error occurred while communicating with the Bond Bridge. Please make sure it’s powered on”

It still sends the commands but setting up a new generic device can be a bit hit and miss.

That is what happened to me as well

@ranga We have a likely fix for the Restore. (Was a new header from the app HTTP server which was mishandled by the firmware.) — Look for v3.3.4-beta. You should be able to restore the previous backup with this new firmware.

1 Like

@merck that resolved the restore issue for me. Had to update the firmware for 1st gen Bond Bridge.

Thanks for reporting. Found the bug, introduced in a recent beta. The bluelight setting was being saved but not reloaded on reboot. So, as you may notice, if your Bridge loses power and boots back up, it will go back to 50% brightness. — Fixed in the next release.

1 Like

We’ve got a new beta out, v3.3.7-beta, which should fix this problem with “raw-recorded” devices. Would be great to know if it works for you now. Should not need to re-record devices. The old ones should start working again.

Bridges v3.3.8-beta

@chrismerck chrismerck released this 1 minute ago

What’s Changed since v3.3.1

Bugfixes

API Changes

Internal Notes

2 Likes

Upgraded to 3.3.7 over the weekend and can confirm that the generic devices are again working properly and I can create new ones ok. Many thanks.

One question: Does it matter if I use the standard Android App 2.38.1-master or the 2.40.0-Alpha6 App? Is there an advantage to the Beta app?

Are the API changes for the V3 firmware documented anywhere? I can only find V2 API docs.

I am seeing v3 documentation @ http://docs-local.appbond.com/ ?

The link at the top says it’s V3 but there’s actually no V3 docs

The blue light stayed off when I applied the latest firmware. Thanks for sorting this out.

1 Like

Groups and shards (V3 features) are in there for me.
What specific aspect of V3 documentation are you seeking?

These are the V3 docs. Yes, the URLs all start with v2/ but that’s just a legacy. We shouldn’t have put a version number in a hard-to-change URL.

We really did not change much on the API. The same integrations should be able to work unmodified against v3 firmware.

1 Like

Yeah, not so much. You added the “__” key, which needs to be specifically ignored. This breaks, because it includes “__” in the list of devices:

def get_device_list(self):
        url = f"http://{self.address}/v2/devices"
        try:
            resp = requests.get(url, headers=self.token_header)
            resp.raise_for_status()
        except (Exception,):
            raise
        self.logger.debug(f"get_device_list: {resp.json()}")

retList = []
        for key in resp.json():
            if key != "_":
                retList.append(key)
        return retList

Please use instead:

if not key.startswith("_"):

We may add other internal keys in the future which start with underscore.

2 Likes

I just changed it to:

if key[0] == "_":

I think that’s equivalent. But I’ll use the startswith() because that’s more clear.

Only difference I can think of it that with key[0] you implicitly assume the key will be non-zero length :wink: But don’t worry we have no plans to introduce "" as a key!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s valid JSON anyway. :wink: