V2 API/MQTT not working

I am trying to use MQTT to connect with Bond. I totally understand that by doing so, I will lose the Cloud Connectivity. I am using Openhab Cloud for integrating all of my devices and local MQTT running on RPi.

However, when I try to connect to the api/mqq endpoint, I get an empty response.

curl -H “BOND-Token: XXXXXXXXXXX” -i http://192.168.0.XX/v2/api/mqtt
HTTP/1.1 204 No Content
Content-Length: 0

Do I need to enter any other authorization ? What is the actual command to view, edit and delete MQTT configuration ?

This aspect is not in my wheelhouse of knowledge but do any of the posts in here help?

I have gone through all of the posts which mention MQTT including the one you referenced.

However, none of them detail how to configure the MQTT endpoint to my own MQTT broker. Are you able to ask the engineers to send over the API commands ?

OK I am able to change the MQTT endpoint using the instructions on the doc page.

curl -H “BOND-Token: ************” -i http://192.168.1.18/v2/api/mqtt/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 135
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

{“host”:“192.168.1.5”,“port”:1883,“server_cert_check”:false,“cert_set”:false,“key_set”:false,“server_cert_set”:false,"_":“5fed4d34”}

However, SBB never connects to my MQTT broker. There is no publish of status when the bond changes status.

Could anyone confirm if they have received MQTT updates on their own MQTT broker via this API ?

Hey @ash, while the endpoint is there, we don’t expect it to work fully. Sorry, I thought this was clear from the docs. We put a bit of work into this feature for internal use pretty early on, but then decided to move on to more user-facing features.

We’d like to get around to it again, and knowing that you’d like to use it is motivation to do so.

One question though: have you considered BPUP for your use case?

@Jacob - I did that it was not properly working, but the docs didn’t say what was not working.

I have considered BPUP. However, MQTT is the standard and every Home Automation platform provides MQTT integration. Hence an MQTT endpoint will immediately provide Bond the ability to integrate with any Home Automation platform.

For BPUP, someone has to write an adapter / bridge for the Home Automation. I am using Openhab and such a bridge has not been written for SBB. There is a bridge for Bond Home and I will have to see if I can customize it. Since I am not an Openhab developer, I don’t know if I will be able to do it.

MQTT integration will make this whole process much simpler.

1 Like