V2.6.21-beta release: Actions/State and 12 devices

I’ve updated the app, but it didn’t upgrade the device’s firmware… Is that expected?
App version is v1.142.1 (75)
and BOND firmware is v2.6.10-beta
My understanding is that it should upgrade to 2.6.21 but in my case it didn’t even tried apparently. I’ve just uninstalled and re-installed the app but still nothing. Should I use the curl method mentioned above?

I’d suggest you first try initiating a manual upgrade. You could do this by pressing the pencil next to the Bond then finding the “firmware upgrade” option.

1 Like

Thanks. I knew I must have missed something… It’s upgrading now. :+1:

EDIT: That worked like a charm… Sorry I missed it. Thanks for the very quick response… Now to play with the API

Please update the API to reflect the change for properties endpoint, now requires you to look at devices/x/properties rather than the API’s specified state spot in devices/x

Noted, I’ll make this fix tomorrow, thanks.

When will the fireplace fan speeds, lame levels and flame up / flame down actions be added to the API?

Looks like the following actions are planned but not yet implemented (based on what was returned from Get specific command) and the fact that it doesn’t respond when i try the actions.

• SetFpFan with arguments 1, 50 and 100 (low, medium, high)
  • SetFlame with arguments 1, 50 and 100 (low, medium, high)
  • IncreaseFlame
  • DecreaseFlame

Are these actions planned for v2 firmware release MVP?

These fireplace actions are relatively simple. They’ll be a quick task, I just haven’t gotten around to them. They’ll definitely be added before a V2 MVP.

1 Like

Cool thanks. For now i’ll code them in with the assumption that is the actions and the State returns the feedback in the same format.

Please let me know when you have the fireplace actions are implemented and provide me with the updated firmware.

I am also using an ISY994i for HA and have a Bond device. I have been following this development for a while with the intent of using the Bond via the ISY. Could you please share the code you have used for the ISY to issue the new Actions. (I have played around with the command line curl and can communicate with my bond but have not went as far as trying to issue HTTP commands from the ISY.)

Any help you could provide for me to avoid “re-creating the wheel” would be greatly appreciated.

Ultimately I would like to take a stab a writing a bond node server for PolyGlot but will have a lot of learning to get to that point. If I could just turn the fans and lights on and off via the ISY at this point I would be happy.

thanks

Hey John, welcome to the fun; glad to see another ISY user.

I have been super lazy and not switched over to Actions yet.
I’m still issuing the original TX commands and tracking my own state with an ISY variable.

You’ll find the network resource here for how I did a proof of concept which is still my method used today.

Thanks, I will try it out and see if I can get the actions to work. I will post if I do.

thanks again

1 Like

I have both a zz bond device and a BD version. I am running firmware V1.138.1 on the BD and firmware v2.6.36 on the zz. I have been working with the API on the zz and have been able to get the API to work on the zz but would like to upgrade the firmware to the V2.6.42 on both devices. I have testflight installed on my IOS phone. Could I please get the invitation code so I can get your updated app to install the latest firmware.

Also, in the v2.6.36 the state tracking does not appear to work. The lightOn and lightOff commands both toggle the light.

thanks

@Johnkmcdowell I’ve been in the Beta group for awhile so I haven’t had to start from scratch… But I think the intent was to let people get started in the Beta setup steps on their own. See here.

As @residualimages pointed out, you’ll need to get set up in the V2 app to get the most recent firmware. I’ve gone ahead and added you on the V2 Testflight group, so you should be good to go. If anyone else wants to sign up themselves, see the links here.

You mean via the Local API, right?

If so: yeah that’s right, V1 “state tracking” only affects actions that pass through the backend, such as voice commands. In the V2 architecture, we’ve moved that responsibility to the Bond itself, so there’s now a per-device setting equivalent to “state tracking”. Since we always “track” the state in V2, we’ve named this flag trust_state. You can set it via the local API now (see device properties endpoint documentation for how to do that), and in one of the next releases of the V2 app, there will be an in-app interface for this.

Thanks, Up and running with the Beta and upgraded the ZZ to 2.7.6-beta

I am unable to change the “trust_state” to true. When I issue this command:

…/properties -X PUT -d “{ “trust_state”: true}” I get:

HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Content-Length: 52
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
{"_error_id":56,"_error_msg":“method not allowed”}

and I confirmed that the trust_state stayed false when I query properties I get:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Length: 52
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
{“max_speed”:3,“trust_state”:false,"_":“xxxxxxx”}

If you change the PUT to a PATCH, it should work for you!

That worked. My mistake, the API documentation did say PATCHable and I missed it. Thanks

1 Like