NOTE to Community Contributors:
Chris Merck provided this suggestion on 1/20/2020:
When ADDING A DEVICE:
- Update “type” parameter to include “AC” for air conditioners.
I tested and this is working (shows in both Android and iOS apps after adding via API), but this parameter option is not listed in documentation – and I expect I just got lucky with my common sense guess working. Also note: the device I added is a placeholder; I do not have an actual A/C unit to test with this
When ADDING A COMMAND:
- Provide list of “action” parameters which are available (and any related “argument” values)
I was able to find TurnOff by querying existing devices and their commands, but PowerOff, PowerToggle, etc were my first common sense guesses and failed due to ‘unknown action’.
- Provide list of “icon” slugs
I was able to find “button_io” by querying existing devices and their commands.
SIDE NOTE: the “button_io” shows appropriately in Android app with Power label, but only shows as a blank circle in iOS app with no label
When ADDING A SIGNAL:
- “bps” seems to be required, at least with IR commands - documentation seems to indicate it has a default value of 40000 if not supplied, but the PUT fails without “bps” defined.
- “reps” seems to be required, at least with IR commands - documentation seems to indicate it has a default value of 1 if not supplied, but the PUT fails without “reps” defined.
all testing done 3/7/2019 with BD***** (Snowbird revision) BOND on firmware v 2.5.1-44-g9d5c43d-jacob-uglydb and both Android and iOS apps on v 1.139.0