Smart By Bond Local API support

Will Smart By Bond devices support the new local API? If so can someone elaborate how this will work?

Yes, Smart By Bond devices expose the same API as Bond Bridges, minus signal-related endpoints and the endpoints under ā€œBridgeā€ in the docs. The device itself is exposed as devices/1.

Thanks Jacob.

Will it still respond to the devices end-point (which i assume will return a single deviceid)

Assuming /sys/version, /v2/token and /v2/devices/deviceID/actions endpoints are all the same

Also is there anything different with the mdns search request? Currently we are querying for _bond._tcp.local

Since we donā€™t have a Smart by Bond device we have to do this integration blind.

Will it still respond to the devices end-point (which i assume will return a single deviceid)

Yes it will, and thatā€™s right, the single ID is always 1.

Assuming /sys/version , /v2/token and /v2/devices/deviceID/actions endpoints are all the same

They are. Weā€™re striving to make the API identical to make integrations easy to implement.

Also is there anything different with the mdns search request? Currently we are querying for _bond._tcp.local

Smart by Bond and all Bond Bridges are the same here, as well.

Sorry i meant discovering devices using the /v2/devices endpoint (which i assume returns a single device).

Yeah, it responds in the same way, with a hash and a list device ids and their hashes. In this case, itā€™s a single-element list, and the single device ID is always 1.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying jacob. Sounds like we donā€™t need to do anything.

How do we market ā€˜smart by bondā€™ to our customers? Iā€™d like to push them to those products but canā€™t seem to find any information about them anywhere on the internet.