Rollease Acmeda and Dooya Motorized Shades

I am interested in the outcomes of this, too. I have a bond and looking to get Dooya DD2700H (433 MHz) RF compatibility.

It appears this guy spent some time reverse engineering the protocol, if this is helpful:
https://nickwhyte.com/post/2017/reversing-433mhz-raex-motorised-rf-blinds/

Still struggling with this. I have a Sonoff 433 RF bridge running Tasmota + Portisch and it can’t detect the code from the Dooya 2700H remote, either.

@dxdc Did you manage to get the Rollease Acmeda ARC remote to work?

Or, @merck @jacob, is there official support for the Rollease Acmeda ARC remotes now? I’m looking at buying a Bond bridge but my main use case is with these blinds so won’t buy if they’re not supported. Is there a list of supported devices somewhere?

There is no timeline for Rollease support, sorry. FWIW, Rollease does have their own hub…

Yes, I know, but with their hub I can only control their blinds. I have a few other devices I was going to see if I could control as well with the bond bridge.
Thanks for your prompt reply though

And also, there is no Hubitat support for the Pulse hub whereas there is for the bond bridge.

1 Like

Would you mind elaborating on why there is no timeline for getting Rollease support? Too few devices out there, too difficult to reverse engineer, or the combination of both makes it low or no priority? (I should have gone with Somfy when I had the chance :disappointed:)

@Mattias no I haven’t figured it out yet, need some help from the pros with RF. I have an RTL-SDR and found rtl_433 as well, even have what it takes to build an RF transmitter arduino, but was unable to decode the signals to figure out why it wasn’t working. Do you have an RTL-SDR? Would be interesting to see what your signals look like. If people can decode car keys I’m sure there must be a way to operate blinds… :slight_smile:

@Stevehollx this looks much more straightforward in his example. I’m not sure exactly how to decode the signal I’m getting, it doesn’t look like the typical OOK format. And, I’ve tried to get Bond to learn it (and even viewed the digitally learned signal) but that didn’t lead me down any successful paths. I’m wondering if “pairing” the remote would be helpful, for some kind of exchange (?), but not sure. I only have one of these.

I appreciate your efforts trying to get this working. I do not have an RTL-SDR but if you reckon there is a good chance that you will be able to advance this by having access to my signal as well I’ll be prepared to get one and do what you want me to do with it :slight_smile: I presume you’ve already worked out that they are using FSK RF modulation?

No clue if I can or not. If @merck or someone else from the Bond community can assist with interpreting the RF signals I’d be glad to do all kinds of testing here :slight_smile:

If it’s helpful, I’ll share a few additional resources I’ve found.

1. The Serial programming guide for the hub. One would imagine that this is going to work similarly to the RF protocol.
  1. There are several github mentions of people getting this to work with serial communication over Rollease’s hub.

FYI, there is also the recently released Automate Pulse 2, which is HomeKit enabled.

The Pulse 2 hasn’t been released yet. When I bought my blinds I also saw that announcement so I didn’t buy the original hub. However, 5 months later and they have still not released it. I just sent another email to their customer support yesterday to see if they have a release date yet.
I was always going to buy the Pulse 2 but then last Friday I got wind of the Bond Bridge and thought that that would be much better as I can also use it for a couple of other devices. But with the lack of support for the Rollease motors, my biggest use case for the bridge is gone so I cannot justify buying the bridge now, which is a shame.
I’ll continue to monitor this thread though to see if there’s someone out there willing to lend you a hand with this.

@Mattias

The Pulse 2 hasn’t been released yet.

Don’t think that’s true. I found this one on eBay, and also, I found other threads where people have indicated they purchased one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Automate-Pulse-2-Hub-by-Rollease-Acmeda-BRAND-NEW/202868726766?hash=item2f3beb1bee:g:Wf8AAOSw7PNeD5Va

Hmm, that’s interesting. My local curtain shop says the Rollease reps are advising it is not available yet and when I check Rollease’s website all their Pulse 2 pages are preambled by a “Coming soon”.

I’ll see what customer services get back with this time then :slight_smile:

I abandoned the Sonoff RF 433 bridge, and am currently going downtown the route of an rf433 tx/rx via rcswitch on an esp8266 board to try to sniff the signal now. Tried Tasmota and espurna firmware with the rf433 tx/rx devices on the esp8266 but couldn’t get them to work. Just loaded openmqttgateway on it now, as that is supposed to have support in the binary for rf433 with the rcswitch library but haven’t spent time to try and get that to detect the rf signals yet.

I tried a Sonoff RF 433 bridge running tasmota or espurna, but struck out as that didn’t recognize the signals (sonoff receiver is done on another programmed chip so it has known to not detect all non-Sonoff 433 signals).

Once the signal gets sniffed, may be able to get the Sonoff 433 bridge to still transmit it as that is a nice small form factor.

Part of me is thinking gutting the blind I have and replacing the receiver may be an easier route at this point!

Brutal @Stevehollx, good research. If you look at the Rf signals I shared above (I have many of the signals captured), I think the issue is that there is something a bit unusual about how it transmits and thus I think it’s hard to sniff via a standard repeater. It’s not just a basic kind of signal that my other remotes show.

I’m also somewhat wondering about the “ARC bi-directional communication” but not sure if any of it matters. It does seem like the signal is consistent, I just can’t figure out how to transmit it. Keep me updated on your progress!

Good find on bidirectional communication. It does look like this remote has to pair.

Found this instruction to clone the message of a remote to a second:

Adding Motor Connection to Additional Remote(s):
NOTES:
• Keep original remote separate from additional remotes you are cloning. (It’s
recommended that you mark original remote with a temporary marking, such as a piece of tape.)

1. Prepare remote(s) by removing back battery cover of all remotes.
  2. Select same channel to be cloned on all remotes using “UP” and “DOWN” buttons.
  3. Using one second intervals, press top right “P2” button twice on remote already
    programmed with desired settings, then within one second press top right “P2” button on
    new remote(s).
  4. Successful cloning will be confirmed by five audible beeps.
  5. Each channel must be individually cloned, ensure correct channel is selected on all remotes to be added.

I think that workflow needs to be replicated with the bridge synthesizing the commands of the second remote. I am thinking:

1. Buy second remote.
  2. Sniff the P2 signal on the new remote.
  3. Pair second remote to bridge.
  4. Sniff up and down from second remote once paired.
  5. Remove second remote from shade.
  6. Pair bridge to shade by transmitting the P2 signal from the second remote (step 2).
  7. See if 5 beeps for confirmation occurs.
  8. Program bridge to send second remote’s captured up/down signals.
  9. Test!?

I am guessing on the logic, basing that P2 may be sending a public key to the shade specific to that remote, and this sniffs the key exchange of the P2 and the outcome after the handshake.

If there is a bidirectional handshake based on some key rotation in the hub for pairing, the above won’t work, but I am hoping it isn’t that complicated.

May be easier with Tasmota/Sonoff than Bond. Not sure Sonoff can sniff the P2 (didn’t try earlier) and don’t want to break the functionality of the working remote for fear of wife disappointment. May purchase a second remote to try this out on.

Another thought is to research the difference of my DD2700H remote vs the DD2700. Seems the latter is a single channel design, maybe won’t require pairing as in the other thread on the HASS forum someone seemed to sniff the DD2700 with Sonoff+Tasmota.

I am guessing on the logic, basing that P2 may be sending a public key to the shade specific to that remote, and this sniffs the key exchange of the P2 and the outcome after the handshake.

Was wondering about that myself, but it’s unclear that the signals are different from my analysis. I can’t see any visual difference in the RF signals, so I’m not sure it’s needed. I don’t know if there’s any kind of rolling code really.

Another thought is to research the difference of my DD2700H remote vs the DD2700.

Interesting idea. I found that post you’re referring to, I think? RF Bridge - Dooya DC2700 remote - understanding/re-transmitting "sniffed" codes · Issue #3419 · arendst/Tasmota · GitHub

Lastly, I just found this!

Rollease Automate ARC Dry Contact Control Interface - MTRF-DCIM-1C

They’re like $20-30. Depending on your set up, it could be perfect. It will require a relay/arduino to be integrated properly, but I’m seriously thinking about it. Essentially, you can just create a webserver on the arduino and feed the requests to activate the various pins.

It pairs with the shades (like a remote) but you can open it with the relay.

I’d still rather do without their technology, but it does solve the need.

Now that was a gem! I’ve ordered 4 of these to control 4 channels. Won’t arrive for another 10-20 days though so won’t be playing with them just yet. If you want to go down this route, bear in mind that you will need 2-3 relay outputs per controller depending on if you want to use the stop command as well or not.

Now I won’t bother with getting the Pulse 2 hub, I’ll wait until there is Rollease support using the Bond Bridge instead :slight_smile: