HomeKit on Beta!

It took a few tries (and ultimately, a reboot) before I could update to 3.5.2 beta, And now that I’ve done so, it appears I’ve lost HomeKit control. :frowning: At first I was getting “no response” from all the shades and drapes. I toggled the HomeKit integration off and on, I rebooted the Bond Bridge Pro a few times, all to no avail.

Then, to try and troubleshoot, I removed the Bond Bridge Pro from the Home app, thinking I’d be able to “add it back in fresh.” But now it’s not showing up at all, I’m unable to add it back as an accessory, even just manually typing in the HomeKit code.

Any tips or tricks to help get me back up with HomeKit? The Bond app still works fine, but no HomeKit is working on this particular beta for me.

If I revert to one of my backups, does that revert the firmware too?

Hmmm I’m definitely staying on the older 3.3.21 for now and won’t upgrade to 3.5.2 yet. Everything has been 100% reliable for several weeks now

Sorry for taking so long to write back to you!

@hendrik42 Have you tried changing the Firmware Channel (on the Bond Home Settings tab) to perform the downgrade?
Good to mention that there are not many changes from 3.3.21 to 3.5.x, but I can downgrade your device to 3.3.21 if you want me to, just let me know! :slight_smile:

About the HomeKit showing the Firmware as 3.4, it is hardcoded by now, so that’s expected, but thanks for sharing it!

@Fofer the backups doesn’t revert the firmware version, just infos like devices, skeds, groups etc…
You cand perform a DELETE on the HomeKit endpoint to make it reset all the HomeKit info. That should make it show up again to add as an accessory.

We don’t have a new version with HomeKit changes right now, but will let you know as soon as we have something ready.

Thanks. I look forward to the update, whenever it’s ready.

How do I do this? Is this in the Bond app? Asking because there’s no reference to the Bond Pro hub or shapes/drapes in the Home app anymore for me to delete.

There is no way in the app for doing this, you will need to perform the request “manually” (I suggest using CURL).
Here are the docs for the request:
http://docs-local.appbond.com/#tag/HomeKit/paths/~1v2~1api~1bhk/delete

Hi @endy,

I tried setting the Firmware Channel back to Stable, but it’s still stuck at 3.5.2-beta. So yes, please downgrade me to 3.3.21 to see if that works.

Also let me know if there are any other ways I can help, e.g. specific log messages to watch out for on the Apple HomeHub.

Thanks,
Hendrik

Hi @hendrik42 !

Please confirm that your device is now on 3.3.21-beta firmware.

Thank you for being available to share your logs! As soon as I get more info on what to ask you, I’ll do for sure.

Thanks!

I just upgraded Bond Pro beta firmware to the new v3.8.1 and upgraded to the 2.42.0 (6004) TestFlight bond beta iOS app.

Shades are now all unresponsive in the iOS home app. Shade Automation is broken.

I can still control the shades in the bond app directly.

What should I do? Known issue?
Should I downgrade back to 3.3.21?

1 Like

PS
Siri bond Shortcuts no longer work for shades either
Siri bond Shortcuts still works fine for ceiling fans though.

Hey @JazJonFL

Thanks for your report. I tried it over here and got the same issue… Tried downgrading back to 3.3.21, but no better results.

I’ll look into it tomorrow morning when I get back to the office.

2 Likes

Thanks, Any luck debugging? :smiley:

Figured out two issues already.

One requires a new version deploy.
The other one is related to the device naming. It looks like Apple doesn’t like special characters, here are some examples:

Not allowed: {}[]()/|\?!$@"`:;<>€£=+_~•*^%
Allowed: -&.,#

If you already have a device with a special character, you may try to reset the HomeKit and add it back again.

I’ll continue investigating and keep you posted.

Sounds good, standing by for the next update. I confirmed I’m not using any special characters.

Kitchen Sheer 1
Kitchen Sheer 2
Kitchen Sheer 3
Kitchen Blackout 1
Kitchen Blackout 2
Kitchen Blackout 3

Living Room Sheer 1
Living Room Sheer 2
Living Room Blackout 1
Living Room Blackout 2

Bedroom Sheer
Bedroom Blackout

One note that might be important (not sure but I’ll add anyway)

When the room name is also included as part of the shade name, the Home app lists the shades as just “Sheer 1” and “Blackout 1” If you edit the shade it will still show the full name though.

Example “Kitchen Sheer 1” icon is labeled in the main home app view as just “Sheer 1”

1 Like

Noob here - loving my Bond Pro running firmware v3.8.2. To confirm: only shades/awnings supported currently? I have a new louvered patio roof with Somfy that is working perfectly through the integration but my fireplace and ceiling fans did not come across into HomeKit. Is that expected?

1 Like

I just updated the firmware from v3.8.1 to v3.8.2
No change in HomeKit and or Bond Siri shortcut shade control being restored. (Direct Bond app still working)

@sclodeca I read they are only working on shade HomeKit first during the beta. No eta on ceiling fans being added during the beta testing. I think it’s safe to assume that they’ll look into other devices at some point though after shades are worked out first.

I tried the HomeBridge bond plug-in in an attempt to add HomeKit ceiling fan support but wasn’t able to get it to work.

There are future thread / matter questions as well after all this.

1 Like

@sclodeca , @JazJonFL is right, we do not support fireplace or ceiling fans on HomeKit right now.

The latest releases don’t include any HomeKit changes.
The Siri Shortcut should be working, tho… Can you give me more info about the issue are you facing with the Shortcut?

You’re right Siri shortcut bond commands are working. I created a new one from scratch for the bedroom blackout shade. Success. Ok good this ships hold me over for now. My “good morning” shortcut is now a combination of running a scene and a few other shortcuts within the shortcut for now

1 Like

I haven’t tried shortcuts yet. I just received my bridge a week ago and immediately enabled the HomeKit integration but was hoping more than just shades was supported. I also have Bond homebridge integration (which is flakey for me with the fans) but was hoping a native bridge would have superior performance and support. I will be patient. :grinning:

1 Like

Just deployed a new beta version called zermatt-pro.v3.8.2-4-gdbe463a1-beta including one fix!

Please, let me know if that brings HomeKit back to working as expected.
You may need to disable/re-enable the HomeKit in the Bond Settings screen. Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks!

I just checked for a new firmware update but it still shows I’m already on the latest V3.8.2
I’m not seeing the newer v3.8.2-4 yet