Fan lights toggle still busted!

The hardware setup is such that the Bond Bridge could listen in a narrow band around a specified frequency. With that limitation in mind, this could still be pretty usable.

We’re still wrapping up a lot of the V1->V2 loose ends, but this is pretty high on my wishlist for next year.

I’ve finally got the lights synched. I have fix tracked state off and trust tracked state on. We only use voice commands because some of the remotes are down to their last breaths.

Andy
(_/)
(=’.’=)
(")
(")
Typos courtesy of child size keyboard and adult size fingers

This would be so awesome.

2 Likes

That would be great!!

This would be ABSOLUTELY GREAT !

Any updates on the future of this feature?

I too had many issues with fan lights. I solved it by using only one mode to control them; Echo. Using different means confuses the server! The new bond bridge app has a feature that allows you to tell the server what state the light is in if it gets confused, but by using only one method seems to resolve the issue, for me.

My biggest annoyance with Bond is that I can’t say “Alexa turn off the lights” because of course the fan light is a toggle. This voice command works for all of my other lighting devices.

Now I know something about this, in fact I hacked together my own version of Bond nearly 20 years ago under the Misterhouse system. Obviously knowing the state of the light is very useful. Tracking state works as long as nobody uses a traditional remote. The idea of intercepting the signal from remotes to track state is also an exciting one. My only concern is that if Bond doesn’t register every remote command then ultimately it may get out of sync anyways.

But I have another suggestion. What about a simple device that can integrate with Bond and can measure light levels? At the very least when it sends a light toggle it could determine if the room became brighter or not and set the “toggle state” appropriately. It could probably even figure out the state based on calibrated light levels alone.

Go for it! You can even PATCH the state object to make a correction on the Bond side.

But, I think you can appreciate the challenges to brining such a sensor to mass market.

Hi Jacob, as others have asked, any updates on implementing an “always listening” feature? Outside of being able to track state changes when using the physical remote I would love to be able to register a “dummy” remote that maps to a fake device in Bond and then use Home Assistant or smartthings to perform actions based on Bond’s state changes. I.e control a Hue bulb by pressing the light button on the dummy remote via Bond.

Always listening feature would such a welcome addition to this product…it would be a killer feature and a game changer for this product for sure! Please do let us know the status on this. Thanks.

It’s something we will “eventually” get to, but it remains very technically challenging to implement and we still don’t know how well it will perform with current hardware. If it doesn’t work well enough it will be frustrating.

Sorry we don’t have a clearer picture or timeline here.