Fan Controller with Discrete Light Buttons

Does anyone make a RF kit that has separate ‘Light On’ and ‘Light Off’ buttons?
I’ve looked in all the normal places and have come up empty.
It would seem that this would fix the status issue that plagues Bond Home users.

I need to be able to send an OFF command and be certain the light is off regardless of its previous state.
All the remotes have an OFF button for the fan but not the light.
Thank you.

There may be some other options, depending on what other control systems you have (Z-Wave, Insteon, etc). Other than those options, I guess your best bet would be a WiFi enabled receiver.

Because the issue with any universal or OEM-based kit that isn’t smart by nature but is just ‘dumb’ RF is something Bond Bridge tries to work around with its own state tracking, but it is imperfect, as you know.

Bond does license its technology to vendors to include in their own OEM systems, as well as people who make universal kits. These universal kits are only good for AC motor based fans, FYI, but could get you what you want.
Home Depot sells one of these kits which tracks its own state correctly:

this universal remove is not smart, but is still packet based. e.g. the bond send a full set of state is expects the fan to be in every time a command is sent.

So while the controller itself doesn’t have discrete on/off buttons, they are available to bond (and the lcd controller also has its own state tracking, which can get out of sync with the bond.)

unfortunately this one doesn’t seem to be commonly available :frowning:

edit: check this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073JPCL1G/ that might do the trick.