Cannot get devices from local API

If they are usable in-app, but they aren’t visible on that endpoint, then it’s safe to say that they are ‘cloud’ devices.

I’ve also confirmed, yeah both of your devices store state in the backend and aren’t stored locally. Working on this now!

1 Like

@joaoricardo @jacob any updates on when the cloud API will be available? Also looking forward to the ST integration as a stopgap.

Hi @danmandle

We don’t have a release date yet, and any update about that will be posting in here.

Excited to have just got my bond (BH serial). Got it up and running on the beta app and firmware quickly (kudos to making that a smooth experience!) My only RF device now is a fireplace remote. Works great in the app. Bites that I ran into the same issue (guessing cloud-only device) - the /v2/devices endpoint only returns the root and no devices. I’m really interested in getting this working before I invest in a bunch of ceiling fans for my house. Would like to gain confidence with the simple on/off thing first. Also really interested in integrating with HomeAssistant. Should be relatively easy once the API returns all devices. Any new updates on migrating devices to be “local”?

1 Like

Welcome to the party, @maskedpirate!!

For the time being… If you create a second device, and when setting up, choose to bypass the automatic database match and record each remote button press manually, you should be able to force that (duplicate) device to be a local device (unless something changed of which I am not aware).

Quoting Chris Merck here:

Thanks @residualimages (and @merck )!!! Exactly what I needed. Was a bit more doc surfing to figure out the API for command tx vs the actions found in the upper portion of the docs but… got it working!!

And for anyone trying to do things with HomeAssistant, the quick and dirty version was using a rest_command…

rest_command:
  fireplace_on:
    url: http://192.../v2/devices/.../commands/.../tx
    method: PUT
    headers:
      BOND-Token: !secret bond_token
    payload: '{}'
  fireplace_off:
    url: http://192.../v2/devices/.../commands/.../tx
    method: PUT
    headers:
      BOND-Token: !secret bond_token
    payload: '{}'
1 Like

Nicely done / congratulations on the working solution, @maskedpirate. :partying_face: