Bond integration with Home Assistant

There is a constant for Stop

http://docs-local.appbond.com/#section/Features/Misc-including-dimmers

I think want makes the most sense is to implement the following as entity services:

IncreaseBrightnessbond.increase_brightness
DecreaseBrightnessbond.decrease_brightness
IncreaseUpLightBrightnessbond.increase_up_light_brightness
DecreaseUpLightBrightnessbond.decrease_up_light_brightness
IncreaseDownLightBrightnessbond.increase_down_light_brightness
DecreaseDownLightBrightnessbond.decrease_down_light_brightness

Although I think that will only work for lights that know their current brightness level.

I’m pretty sure you need StartIncreasingBrightness, StartDecreasingBrightness, and Stop

I can only try the failure path since I don’t have a light that supports the above actions.

I also uploaded the changes to github if you want to try it as a custom component:

From the command line:

mkdir -p /config/custom_components
cd /config/custom_components
git clone https://github.com/bdraco/bond

Restart Home Assistant

1 Like

Bdraco,
I’ve been seeing your handle over in the home assistant forum. Thank you for all of your good work. I saw your post last night, and finally got around to testing. It wasn’t much of a test, as everything just worked as expected. In celebration, I created a script to turn on and set a brightness based on a 5 sec delay.

sequence:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id: 5c30a614b48dadc0c02a9eaa9330a483
    entity_id: light.tornado
    domain: light
  - service: bond.start_increasing_brightness
    target:
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: bond.stop
    target:
mode: single
alias: tornado light on and bright 5 seconds

Thank you!

4 Likes

Once Home Assistant 2021.9 is released, you should be able to remove the custom version as the change merged into core. Also, the change will be in today’s Home Assistant beta as well.

2 Likes

@Jpfamily Quick heads up that these services are getting replaced with the new button platform so the you’ll have to update your automations before the old methods go away.

I saw your message… And was a little confused on how/what to expect. I hadn’t fully implemented the service call into automations, as I kept having to deal with the 700 series zwave bug that would leave devices in unresponsive states.

I literally just checked the default dashboard… And was mesmerized by the new button function available. It seems that out of habit, I would fallback to the bond app to do dimming because it was an old habit.

Having the button press available in the default dashboard just made my day so much easier. It is literally becoming the one universal location for all my device needs.

Thanks for the warning. I appreciate the heads up. Another reason I love the HA community.

1 Like